Trademark Registration in the Ireland
Why register a trademark?
Trademarkers.com will process your trademark registration in the Ireland through the following steps:
Not mandatory, but gives you detailed report if your brand can be registered or not.
Trademark search report with Attorney's analysis about registration probabilities. This report is optional but highly recommended.
There are several reasons why you might want to begin the registration process with a study:
- If there is a pre-existing claim to your trademark, it is best to know this before you have invested time and resources into an application
- Trademark similarities can be ambiguous and are best evaluated by a legal professional
- It is possible to accidentally infringe on someone else’s trademark if you are not aware of its existence
- A trademark study provides a snapshot of potential brands in your target market
With representation in almost every major jurisdiction, TradeMarkers has up-to-date information on trademark application activities. Hence, we are able to offer the following services:
- Full analysis of existing trademarks, including similarities in appearance, sound, connotation and commercial impression
- Consultation on what to do if an existing similarity is found
- Enquiry with local trademark offices, as necessary
- Detailed reporting on the availability of relevant marks and recommendations for your application
Start by ordering a search report with Attorney's analysis about registration probabilities. This report is optional but highly recommended.
File your Trademark Application
If you are confident that you want to start the application process right away.
With a legally registered trademark, you gain several benefits:
- Potential copycats are deterred from infringing on your brand
- The ability of other brands to claim that you are infringing on their trademark is severely diminished
Our licensed Trademark Agency in Ireland will handle your trademark request, check all formalities, and then file with the Intellectual Property Office of Ireland (IPOI). You will receive confirmation of filing and a copy of the filing request. We will contact you immediately if any subsequent office actions require additional information, or if there are any opposition in Ireland against your application.
After the formal examination at the Intellectual Property Office of Ireland the trademark will be published for opposition to allow third parties to oppose if they believe that the mark infringes on their brands. The opposition period in Ireland is 3 months after publication. You will receive status updates as soon as your mark is published, and any actions the Intellectual Property Office of Ireland will take if oppositions are received.
If no oppositions arise and your trademark is formally approved, you can expect registration within 9 months.
Prices are in U.S Dollars
|Classes||Word Only||Design Only or Combined Word and Design|
|Each Additional Class||$249.00||$249.00|
|Each Additional Class||Free||Free|
Prices include all official and professional fees. Prices do not include legal defenses in case of oppositions or objections
Timeframe of the trademark registration process is only an estimate and it may vary considerably if any objections and/or oppositions are presented, or other events occur during the trademark registration process.
* Any administrative and courier fees will be billed separately.