Trademark Registration in United Arab Emirates
The ownership of a trademark is not automatically granted merely by using it. Generally speaking, only by going through the legal process of registration can you ensure rights to your trademark.
Registering a trademark is not always a simple matter of submitting an application. Many jurisdictions do not make information readily available to the public and some do not provide reliable data online. Researching similarities to your trademark can be a complex task.
Trademarkers.com will process your trademark registration in United Arab Emirates through the following steps:
Step 1: Trademark Comprehensive Study:
Trademark search report with Attorney's analysis about registration probabilities. This report is optional but highly recommended.
There are several reasons why you might want to begin the registration process with a study:
- If there is a pre-existing claim to your trademark, it is best to know this before you have invested time and resources into an application
- Trademark similarities can be ambiguous and are best evaluated by a legal professional
- It is possible to accidentally infringe on someone else’s trademark if you are not aware of its existence
- A trademark study provides a snapshot of potential brands in your target market
With representation in almost every major jurisdiction, TradeMarkers has up-to-date information on trademark application activities. Hence, we are able to offer the following services:
- Full analysis of existing trademarks, including similarities in appearance, sound, connotation and commercial impression
- Consultation on what to do if an existing similarity is found
- Enquiry with local trademark offices, as necessary
- Detailed reporting on the availability of relevant marks and recommendations for your application
Start by ordering a search report with Attorney's analysis about registration probabilities. This report is optional but highly recommended.
Step 2: Trademark Registration Request:
With a legally registered trademark, you gain several benefits:
- Potential copycats are deterred from infringing on your brand
- The ability of other brands to claim that you are infringing on their trademark is severely diminished
Our licensed Trademark Attorneys in United Arab Emirates will handle your trademark request, check all formalities, and then file with the Trademark Department of UAE (Trademark Department of UAE). You will receive confirmation of filing and a copy of the filing request. We will contact you immediately if any subsequent office actions require additional information, or if there are any opposition in United Arab Emirates against your application.
After the formal examination at the Trademark Department of UAE the trademark will be published for opposition to allow third parties to oppose if they believe that the mark infringes on their brands. The opposition period in United Arab Emirates is 1 month after publication. You will receive status updates as soon as your mark is published, and any actions the Trademark Department of UAE will take if oppositions are received.
If no oppositions arise and your trademark is formally approved, you can expect registration within 10 to 12 months.